Wednesday 11 March 2015

My mock ups for regional magazine

Examples mock ups for regional front cover









This is the original image of the male model Brandon, and I decided to not use the original concept and decided to change the levels of the colour of the images and to produce it into the black and white image  that is my final outcome of my media product; which is a regional magazine.


These where extra examples of my regional magazine front covers that I decided to see what colour’s would help stand out and make the cover of the magazine the best it could be. However the yellow title page of the magazine ‘Urban’ helped to bring out the front cover image of my male model, as it brighten up the cover line, straplines and the tag lines of on the front cover. On the other hand, the yellow masthead and subheading of the cover magazine takes away from the London feel of the regional magazine that I was trying to convey in my magazine as it is targeted at people who live in London in our local areas.

In this other issue of my regional ‘Urban’ magazine the master heading and subheadings of the front cover are in green, this colour didn’t work for my editorial piece as the colour appeared to be dull, lifeless and took away the concept of my main focus of the male model. The bold letter and font of the text, helps to bring the cover to life, as it is in capitals it is easier for our target audience to see as it is in your face. This works better as it another layout I presented the front cover with a smaller font size for my master head that hinder my media concept as it appeared cheap, brittle and weak that didn’t help make my magazine cover stand out at all. 



Therefore, I decided to change the layout font to a much bigger size in the font ‘Lemon and milk’ which I then duplicated a layer of the master head in the colour black so that I could create a shadow as well as formulating a stronger and professional master head for my regional magazine. All in all this made the outcome of my magazine cover appear much better in size and the quality of my work is better as it is up to a high standards that felts both the fashion and regional magazine elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment