Friday 13 March 2015

Evaluation- Contents page

Contents evaluation

 These two images are linked to featured articles that are on page 9 to show this I decided to place the image away from easy other so that the page wouldn’t feel clutter and messy as I wanted my contents page to have a structure to the page therefore I followed the conventions of a regional magazine.

 I decided to add a feature were I advertised fashion styles and tips that may interest my main targeted audience who like to keep up with the latest fashion trends and are struggling on what to wear. Therefore I decided to advertise giving away free apps and tips this would instantly get the readers attentions.

 Here I displayed the fill list of what is shown in the magazine overall. As the biggest main features are displayed on the left hand side in a much smaller font  in black and red as I wanted to show of our most important  features in the magazine as it is important for the readers that are interested in the articles are able  what they are interested in reading and what they want to know about a particular article.
 I did not want to overload our contents page  so that  decided to  leave a lot of white space so that I wouldn’t overwhelm my target audience this also helps to draw attention to the main focus of the main featured articles. As I want the readers to look at particular article.

 At the left hand side as well as the right hand side, I have featured most of the main stories. I have displayed this in large titles that are presented in capital letters with red font to highlight the main features. This was separated into four, features, news, fashion and reviews as well as the page numbers being in bold. I displayed the tile of the story in capitals to attract attention; I also added a small description to give the readers a brief idea of what will be featured. Later I displayed the images and texts of simple and dark colour schemes as I fund that the red, white and black complemented each other. There is also a mixture of close ups and long shots to show variety. The biggest font on this page is the word ‘contents’. I wanted this to stand out an decided to put  it in red as it would stand out against the white background. I also used the same front for the front cover’ Urban London’ to show the continuation across the magazine, underneath I also displayed the magazines name and issue number as well as the barcode.



 On the right hand side is a main image of the biggest feature ‘Brandon McCarthy’ the reason for tis is that I want the readers to be interested in the main feature of the magazine as well as wanted them to know how to find the main article. At the left hand side to displayed text that goes across so that it will entice the audience. The word  ‘exclusive’ also shows that this is a once in a life time feature article also by putting the name in bold  and displaying it larger so that I would able to attract the audiences attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment